The NYSMSC may engage in collaborations with External Entities (non-NYSMSC Sites). Requests for such collaborations will be made directly to the NYSMSC Executive Director.
- External Entities requesting collaboration will be required to submit a proposal of said collaboration to the NYSMSC Executive Director. Proposals will be submitted to the Scientific Review Committee. The Scientific Review Committee will review the proposal and a recommendation will be made to distribute the proposal to all NYSMSC Investigators for review or the proposal will be rejected. The Scientific Review Committee will make a recommendation within 30 business days of receipt of proposal. The NYSMSC Executive Director will respond to the requesting External Entity with a decision. The NYSMSC Executive Director will be responsible for initiating an official agreement with the External Entity, including drafting a contract for the collaboration and obtaining payment, if required.
- A NYSMSC Investigator proposing collaboration with an External Entity will submit a proposal to the NYSMSC Executive Director. The Scientific Review Committee will review the proposal and make a recommendation to the NYSMSC regarding the collaboration. In the event that the proposal is accepted, the NYSMSC Executive Director will make the official request of the External Entity on behalf of the NYSMSC. The NYSMSC Executive Director will be responsible for initiating an official agreement with the External Entity, including drafting a contract for the collaboration and obtaining payment, if required. The NYSMSC Investigator proposing the collaboration will be responsible for the implementation of the proposal.
Proposals submitted by a NYSMSC Investigator must be accompanied by a budget which will follow the NYSMSC template (appendix C).
All collaborations, including data collected by and/or from the NYSMSC, will be subject to the terms of a standard contract, which will minimally include the following:
- Clearly defined parameters of acceptable use of data will be provided and must be abided by
- All manuscripts of proposed publications will be provided to the Scientific Review Committee for review prior to submission for publication
- All NYSMSC investigators will be included in the appendix of any resulting publications
- NYSMSC investigators, as per agreement, will be included as authors of any resulting publication
An External Entity requesting collaboration with the NYSMSC may be subject to a fee. The fee will be determined on an individual basis, in accordance with the Policy for External Data Requests.